Anthony Sena is currently Associate Director, Epidemiology Analytics within the Epidemiology department at Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson company. His work and research are focused on using observational health data and real world evidence to advance global patient care and improve medical decision making. He is an active collaborator in the Observational Health Data Science and Informatics (OHDSI) initiative co-leading the ATLAS/WebAPI working group aimed at creating applications to carry out standardized epidemiology analytics.
- Knowledge Base workgroup of the Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics (OHDSI) collaborative. Large-scale adverse effects related to treatment evidence standardization (LAERTES): an open scalable system for linking pharmacovigilance evidence sources with clinical data. J Biomed Semantics. 2017 Mar 7;8(1):11. doi: 10.1186/s13326-017-0115-3. PubMed PMID: 28270198; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5341176.
- Fife D, Cepeda MS, Baseman A, Richards H, Hu P, Starr HL, Sena AG. Medication changes after switching from CONCERTA(R) brand methylphenidate HCl to a generic long-acting formulation: A retrospective database study. PloS one. 2018;13(2):e0193453.
- Cepeda MS, Reps J, Sena AG, Ochs-Ross R. Risk Factors for Interstitial Cystitis in the General Population and in Individuals With Depression. International neurourology journal. 2019;23(1):40-5.
- Karcher H, Wiecek W, Nikodem M, Voss E.A, Sena A, Cepeda M.S. A new tool to automate Network Meta-Analyses (NMA) of studies extracted from ClinicalTrials.gov. ISPOR, Washington DC; May 2016.
- Gold S, Blacketer M, Sena A, DeFalco FJ. CHRONOS: Cohort exploration through individual patient profiles. OHDSI Symposium, Washington, DC; September 2016
- Kern DM, Sena AG, Cepeda M.S. Using OHDSI tools to examine the comparability of chronic extended-release/long-acting (ER/LA) opioid users and chronic users of immediate-release/short-acting (IR/SA) opioids. OHDSI Symposium, Bethesda, MD; October 2018
- Burn E, Weaver J, Morales D, Prats-Uribe A, Delmestri A, Strauss V, Ying HE, Robinson D, Pinedo-Villanueva R, Kolovos S, Duarte-Salles T, Sproviero W, Yu D, Van Speybroeck M, Williams R, John LH, Hughes N, Sena AG, Costello R, Birlie B, Culliford D, O’Leary C, Morgan H, Burkhard T, Prieto-Alhambra D, Ryan PB. Emulating a randomized trial of unicompartmental and total knee replacement using real world evidence. OHDSI Europe Symposium, Rotterdam, Netherlands. March 2019.
- Sena AG, Boyce RD, Ryan PB, Schuemie MJ, Voss EA. Automated selection of Negative Control Exposure-Outcome pairs for use in Observational Studies: A capabilities demonstration. OHDSI Symposium, Washington DC; September 2016.
- Sena AG, Knoll C, Gifkins D, Ryan PB. Large Scale Risk Identification System for Proactive Safety Surveillance. OHDSI Symposium, Bethesda, MD; September 2017.
- Sena AG, Voss EA, Reps JM, Schuemie MJ. OHDSI Large Scale Analytics: A Modular Study Design Workflow. OHDSI Symposium, Bethesda, MD; October 2018
- Ryan PB, Feeney-Kostka K, Rao G, Sena AG, Klebanov G. An Overview of the OHDSI Analysis Ecosystem. OHDSI Symposium, Bethesda, MD; October 2018. https://www.ohdsi.org/past-events/2018-tutorials-overview-of-the-ohdsi-analysis-ecosystem/
- Sena AG, Reps JM, Schuemie MJ. OHDSI Standardized Analytics for Evidence Generation. OHDSI Europe Symposium, Rotterdam, Netherlands; March 2019.