Clair Blacketer, MPH, PMP
Clair is a Director in the Epidemiology Analytics group within Epidemiology at Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson company. She began her career at a regional health system in my home state of Virginia focused on health outcomes research, specifically in patients with sepsis. She then joined Janssen in 2015 where her main area of focus has been observational data management. This includes managing multiple ETL conversions to the OMOP Common Data Model as well as serving as project manager for the OHDSI Common Data Model working group. She received her MPH from Eastern Virginia Medical School, and is currently pursuing a PhD in Medical Informatics at Erasmus MC. Her thesis is centered on determining the "fitness for use" of observational health databases, specifically in relation to data standards and data quality.
- Increasing trust in real-world evidence through evaluation of observational data quality. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2021 Sep 18;28(10):2251-2257. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocab132. PubMed PMID: 34313749; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC8449628.
- Blacketer C, Voss EA, DeFalco F, Hughes N, Schuemie MJ, Moinat M, Rijnbeek PR. Using the Data Quality Dashboard to Improve the EHDEN Network. Applied Sciences. 2021; 11(24):11920. https://doi.org/10.3390/app112411920
- Phenotype Algorithms for the Identification and Characterization of Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia in Real World Data: A Multinational Network Cohort Study. Drug Saf. 2022 Jun;45(6):685-698. doi: 10.1007/s40264-022-01187-y. Epub 2022 Jun 2. PubMed PMID: 35653017; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC9160850.
- Stroke Risk Among Non-Elderly Users of Haloperidol or First-Generation Antipsychotics vs Second-Generation Antipsychotics: A Cohort Study from a US Health Insurance Claims Database. Drugs Real World Outcomes. 2021 Dec;8(4):481-496. doi: 10.1007/s40801-021-00267-2. Epub 2021 Jun 9. PubMed PMID: 34109564; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC8605955.
- A standardized analytics pipeline for reliable and rapid development and validation of prediction models using observational health data. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2021 Nov;211:106394. doi: 10.1016/j.cmpb.2021.106394. Epub 2021 Sep 6. PubMed PMID: 34560604; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC8420135.
- The National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C): Rationale, design, infrastructure, and deployment. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2021 Mar 1;28(3):427-443. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocaa196. PubMed PMID: 32805036; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7454687.
Posters and Presentations
- Blacketer C. Comparison of existing bleeding risk prediction models to large scale patient-level prediction models. Oral abstract presentation, QCOR AHA Meeting, Arlington, VA; April 6, 2019.
- Blacketer C. Comparison of existing bleeding risk prediction models to large scale patient-level prediction models. Lightning Talk, OHDSI Symposium, Bethesda, MD; October 12, 2018.
- Reps JM, Williams RD, You SC, Jeong KS, Rijnbeek PR, Blacketer MC, Ryan PB. External validation of existing stroke risk prediction models in older females with atrial fibrillation across the OHDSI network. OHDSI Symposium, Bethesda, MD; October 12, 2018.
- Voss EA, Ryan PB, Blacketer C, Londhe AA, Schuemie MJ. Always ♥ Your Data: An Approach to Observational Data Lifecycle Management in the OHDSI Ecosystem. European OHDSI Symposium, Rotterdam, Netherlands; March 24, 2018.
- Blacketer C, Voss E. Creating a Framework for Evaluating Open Healthcare Claims Using the OMOP Common Data Model. Poster session presented at: 3rdAnnual OHDSI Symposium; 2017 Oct 18; Bethesda, MD.
- Blacketer C, DeFalco F. Panel members: OHDSI Community Reactions. OHDSI Symposium, Bethesda, MD; Oct. 2017.
- Blacketer M, Duryea J, Matcho A, Reps J. Converting SEER-Medicare to the OMOP Common Data Model. Poster session presented at: 2ndAnnual OHDSI Symposium; 2016 Sep 23; Washington, D. C.
- Bloom L, Myers A, Boyle K, Blacketer M, Weinstein R. Aging and the Frequency of NSAID-Relevant Coexisting Medical Conditions in the Primary Care Setting. 21st International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics, World Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics in San Francisco, CA, July 2017.
- Bloom L, Myers A, Boyle K, Blacketer M, Weinstein R. Considerations for Recommending OTC Analgesics: Frequency of NSAID-Relevant Coexisting Medical Conditions. Poster session presented at: 2016 GSA Annual Scientific Meeting; 2016 Nov 16; New Orleans, LA.
- Gold S, Blacketer M, Sena A, DeFalco F. CHRONOS: Cohort exploration through individual patient profiles. Poster session presented at: 2ndAnnual OHDSI Symposium; 2016 Sep 23; Washington, D. C.
- Blacketer MS, Voss EA, Ryan PB. Applying the OMOP Common Data Model to Survey Data. Poster session presented at: 1stAnnual OHDSI Symposium; 2015 Oct 20; Washington, D.C.
Training and Workshops
- Blacketer C, Voss EA. OMOP Common Data Model Extract, Transform & Load Tutorial, Rotterdam, The Netherlands; March 30, 2019.
- Reich C, Voss EA, Van Zandt M, Blacketer C, Belenkaya R, Dymshyts D, Torok D, Lyman S. OMOP Common Data Model and Standardized Vocabularies, Bethesda, MD; October 11, 2018.
- Blacketer C. OMOP CDM and Vocabulary Overview. MDD Research Team Meeting; New Brunswick, NJ; August 16, 2018.
- Reich C, Voss EA, Van Zandt M, Blacketer C, Belenkaya R, Dymshyts D, Torok D, Lyman S. OMOP Common Data Model and Standardized Vocabularies, Bethesda, MD; October 19, 2017.