Renske Los, PhD
Assistant professor of Medical Informatics
Renske Los is assistant professor of Medical Informatics. She holds both an MSc (University of Amsterdam 2001) and a PhD (Erasmus University Rotterdam 2006) in Medical Informatics and an MSc degree in Healthcare Management (Erasmus University Rotterdam 2004). Renske’s PhD work focused on supporting uniform representation of medical narratives for care and research.
After her PhD, Renske spent over a decade implementing Electronic Health Records (EHRs) in various Dutch hospitals. As hands-on project leader she was involved in the entire implementation process, from requirements definition to end-user training, covering all disciplines in the hospital setting. During this time, Renske developed a passion for information, and is always looking for ways to optimize information and its use, preferably in healthcare.
Renske also spent over six years teaching Evidence Based Medicine and academic skills to graduate and postgraduate medical students at Erasmus MC. She is currently coordinator for the course ‘Medical Informatics and Organization of Healthcare’ in the bachelor Clinical Technology (Erasmus MC, TU Delft, Leiden University).
In the Health Data Science group Renske is working on facilitating the use of EHR data as source for evidence to answering clinical queries.
- Roukema J, Los R.K., Bleeker S.E., van Ginneken A.M., van der Lei J, Moll H.A. Paper versus computer: Feasibility of an Electronic Medical Record in General Pediatrics. Pediatrics. 2006 Jan; 117(1):15-21.
- Los R.K., van Ginneken A.M., Roukema J., Moll H.A., van der Lei J. Why are structured data different? Relating differences in data representation to the rationale of OpenSDE. Med Inform Internet Med. 2005 Dec;30(4):267-76.
- Los R.K., Roukema J, van Ginneken A.M., de Wilde M, van der Lei J. Are Structured Data Structured Identically? Investigating the uniformity of pediatric patient data recorded using OpenSDE. Methods Inf Med. 2005;44(5):631-8.
- Los R.K., van Ginneken A.M., van der Lei J. Extracting Data Recorded with OpenSDE: Possibilities and Limitations. Int J Med Inform 2005;74(6):473-80.
- Los R.K., van Ginneken A.M., van der Lei J. OpenSDE: a Strategy for Expressive and Flexible Structured Data Entry. Int J Med Inform 2005;74(6):481-90.
- Los R.K., van Ginneken A.M., de Wilde M, van der Lei J. OpenSDE: Row Modeling Applied to Generic Structured Data Entry. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2004 Mar-Apr;11(2):162-5.
- Los R.K., van Ginneken A.M. Experiences with extracting structured patient data for use in clinical research. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2002;93:119-26.